Help! AW not saving changes on old documents

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Help! AW not saving changes on old documents

Postby susanl » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:09 pm

I'm a teacher and have used Appleworks since it was Clarisworks. I have many documents that I use from year to year. In the last several months, AW has let me down when I saved revised documents. For example, I was working on a supply list for my geometry students. I went into the supply list from last year (which had been revised from the previous year...several generations) and made my changes, saved and printed. I then was working in another document and wanted to copy some info from the supply list. I opened it up and the changes were not there!

I'm a chronic saver and I also got no dialogue box asking me if I wanted to save changes when I closed the supply list. This has happened on several documents. Is it because they are old, corrupt documents?

Thank you to anyone who has ideas!
susanl

Re: Help! AW not saving changes on old documents

Postby Dale » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:29 am

susanl wrote:In the last several months, AW has let me down when I saved revised documents.

Thank you to anyone who has ideas!

There is one situation where AppleWorks will not save a document. That is, where you open a document in AppleWorks and then move it in the Finder. Have a read of this User Tip over at Apple's Suppport web site for more info.

Dale
Dale

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo