Old version libraries-> clippings

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Old version libraries-> clippings

Postby guest » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:16 pm

I have a set of libraries from an older version of AppleWorks/ClarisWorks. The version indicated is 5.0.3.
I would like to get these libraries into my AppleWorks 6 clippings. The libraries themselves have no suffix (i.e. .cwl).
Other than opening in 5, pasting in a document, opening the document in 6 and creating new clipping files, is there any way to transfer the libraries?

Thank you,

Bob Frost
Academy Charter School
Palmer, AK

Re: Old version libraries-> clippings

Postby Barry » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:40 pm

guest wrote:I have a set of libraries from an older version of AppleWorks/ClarisWorks. The version indicated is 5.0.3.
I would like to get these libraries into my AppleWorks 6 clippings. The libraries themselves have no suffix (i.e. .cwl).
Other than opening in 5, pasting in a document, opening the document in 6 and creating new clipping files, is there any way to transfer the libraries?

It's as easy as Drag and Drop.

Quit AppleWorks 6 before continuing.

Select the libraries you want, then Drag them from the AW Libraries folder and Drop them in the Clippings folder. Use option-Drag if both folders are on the same Volume (eg. both installed on Macintosh HD on the same computer) to copy the files without removing them from the original folder; Use Drag (without pressing the option key) if they're on different volumes (eg. the Libraries are on a CD).

When you relaunch AppleWorks, each Library will appear as a new (Locked) tab on Clippings. The Lock just means you can't add clippings to (or remove clippings from) these tabs.

If you want to delete a whole Library, find it in the Clippings Folder and drag it to the Trash. To delete individual clippings, you'll (probably) have to dleete the whole Library (as above) AFTER dragging the ones you want to keep into a document, and from there into a new Clippings tab.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo