Claris Organizer

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Claris Organizer

Postby [email protected] » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:36 am

I'm operating a Mac OS x (version 10.3.7) I can open and use Claris Organizer with System 9, but I cannot print it. My printer is an Epson Stylus CX5400. When I ask it to print, the print dialogue box says CX5400 1.1 And when I click on the print button, a dialogue comes up saying, it cannot communicate with the printer. I love Claris Organizer. Any ideas??
Thanks so much
Peg O'Sullivan
Ct. Storytelling Festival Director
[email protected]

Re: Claris Organizer

Postby Peggy » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:08 pm

[email protected] wrote:I'm operating a Mac OS x (version 10.3.7) I can open and use Claris Organizer with System 9, but I cannot print it. My printer is an Epson Stylus CX5400. When I ask it to print, the print dialogue box says CX5400 1.1 And when I click on the print button, a dialogue comes up saying, it cannot communicate with the printer. I love Claris Organizer. Any ideas??
Thanks so much
Peg O'Sullivan

The old Claris Organizer was bought by Palm quite a few years ago & was renamed Palm Desktop. It is free, you don't need a PDA to use it & there is an OS X version. It will import your CO data (at least it did when I first downloaded it years ago). Go to http://www.palm.com/ > choose your country > Software > Palm Software > organizer software > Palm Desktop for Macintosh.
Peggy

Postby [email protected] » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:19 pm

Peggy wrote:
[email protected] wrote:I'm operating a Mac OS x (version 10.3.7) I can open and use Claris Organizer with System 9, but I cannot print it. My printer is an Epson Stylus CX5400. When I ask it to print, the print dialogue box says CX5400 1.1 And when I click on the print button, a dialogue comes up saying, it cannot communicate with the printer. I love Claris Organizer. Any ideas??
Thanks so much
Peg O'Sullivan

The old Claris Organizer was bought by Palm quite a few years ago & was renamed Palm Desktop. It is free, you don't need a PDA to use it & there is an OS X version. It will import your CO data (at least it did when I first downloaded it years ago). Go to http://www.palm.com/ > choose your country > Software > Palm Software > organizer software > Palm Desktop for Macintosh.

Thank you so much for the information. I went to the website and downloaded Palm Software. It is almost identical to the Claris Organizer. I was able to download all my C.O. data and it PRINTED!!!! I'm in business. Thank you so much for your help.
Peg O
[email protected]

Postby Peggy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:57 pm

[email protected] wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Thanks so much
Peg O'Sullivan

Thank you so much for the information. I went to the website and downloaded Palm Software. It is almost identical to the Claris Organizer. I was able to download all my C.O. data and it PRINTED!!!! I'm in business. Thank you so much for your help.
Peg O

Great! I'm always glad to hear something works. The difference you see is probably mostly due to it now being OS X native. It actually even gets updated on occasion.
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo