Exporting Data Base

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Exporting Data Base

Postby roland22 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:44 am

I have been the Secretary/Treasurer of an organization for several years and have kept the membership records in a Appleworks 6 Database and on Spreadsheets that I designed. I am now retiring from that job and would like to export the Appleworks Database and Spreadsheet information to the new Secretary/Treasaurer who is a PC user who uses Excell.

Is there a way to export my Appleworks Database to Excell or another PC Database software program?

Thanks for your help!

Roland M. Larsen
roland22

Re: Exporting Data Base

Postby Peggy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:54 am

roland22 wrote:I have been the Secretary/Treasurer of an organization for several years and have kept the membership records in a Appleworks 6 Database and on Spreadsheets that I designed. I am now retiring from that job and would like to export the Appleworks Database and Spreadsheet information to the new Secretary/Treasaurer who is a PC user who uses Excell.

Is there a way to export my Appleworks Database to Excell or another PC Database software program?

Thanks for your help!

Roland M. Larsen

For the spreadsheets, just save them as Excel, remembering to add the .xls extension to the file names (AppleWorks won't do it for you).

For the databases, save them as plain text & add .txt to the file names. These can be imported by Excel.
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo