Internet Clippings

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Internet Clippings

Postby jmaletsky from NJ » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:46 am

I can't get my Clippings panel to search the Internet. The search window flashes on the screen and nothing appears in the Clippings panel. I am using AW6 with sys 9.1 in a school setting on old imacs.
jmaletsky from NJ

Re: Internet Clippings

Postby Barry » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:19 pm

jmaletsky from NJ wrote:I can't get my Clippings panel to search the Internet. The search window flashes on the screen and nothing appears in the Clippings panel. I am using AW6 with sys 9.1 in a school setting on old imacs.

The Clippings (and Templates) servers have been known to be unavailable at times.
Another possibility is that your internet connection is through a proxy server that is blocking the clippings server site.

Can you (or someone else) attempt a connection outside the school setting? If this is successful, and done at the same time as an unsuccessful attempt from the school, that would make me lean toward the second possibility above.

I was able to access the Clippings server from home a few minutes ago, using a G3 iMac and Mac OS 9.2.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo