Increasing memory in AW 6.2.9

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Increasing memory in AW 6.2.9

Postby Diane » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:09 pm

I've used Claris/AW in various manifestations on 3 different Macs with no problems. Unfortunately an insurance claim has swapped my lovely i-book 'clam' for iBook G4 Panther. I am writing a thesis and have transferred everything to the G4. I've had problems with losing text— many thanks for pointing out what I've done wrong!
I'm going nuts now with the slowness of the WP— it crawls like a snail. How do I increase the memory allocation to AW?? The instructions I've found on Apple site don't apply— there is no memory changing section in the get-info box for AW.
I'd be very grateful for any help— I can't transfer everything back to my old Performa!
Diane

Re: Increasing memory in AW 6.2.9

Postby Peggy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:27 am

Diane wrote:I've used Claris/AW in various manifestations on 3 different Macs with no problems. Unfortunately an insurance claim has swapped my lovely i-book 'clam' for iBook G4 Panther. I am writing a thesis and have transferred everything to the G4. I've had problems with losing text— many thanks for pointing out what I've done wrong!
I'm going nuts now with the slowness of the WP— it crawls like a snail. How do I increase the memory allocation to AW?? The instructions I've found on Apple site don't apply— there is no memory changing section in the get-info box for AW.
I'd be very grateful for any help— I can't transfer everything back to my old Performa!

The slowness has nothing to do with memory allocation which is dynamic in OS X. The cause is the "recent items bug." Start by looking at a user tip by Dale Gillard on Apple's AppleWorks Discussions - http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx? ... 3.688fe733. It has links to two more tips. Or search this forum for "recent items."
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo