Copying and Pasting with Mighty Mouse in Apple Works?

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Copying and Pasting with Mighty Mouse in Apple Works?

Postby wavefan41 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to use the right click option in Mighty Mouse to copy and paste in Apple Works? When I highlight text in Apple Works and right click, I can only manipulate font, style, color, etc, but copy and paste is not an option. Is it possible to copy and paste using right click in Apple Works? Thanks so much for your time. Best, Tim
wavefan41

Re: Copying and Pasting with Mighty Mouse in Apple Works?

Postby Barry » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:00 pm

wavefan41 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to use the right click option in Mighty Mouse to copy and paste in Apple Works? When I highlight text in Apple Works and right click, I can only manipulate font, style, color, etc, but copy and paste is not an option. Is it possible to copy and paste using right click in Apple Works? Thanks so much for your time. Best, Tim

By default, right click is equivalent to control-click on a one-button mouse. Control-click opens a contextual menu in most cases. The menu in AppleWorks in this context does not include Copy or Paste.

To my understanding, it is possible to prograqm the right-click button (and the other buttons available with Mighty Mouse) to perform other tasks. But re-programming the right-click would mean losing it's ability to bring up the contextual menus.

You might find the means of assigning specific actions to the various buttons in the Keyboard and Mouse pane of System Preferences. The keystroke combinations for Copy and Paste are command-C and command-V respectively. Assign these to your choice of buttons. The assignment will apply in any application.

Regards,
Barry

PS: Above not tested, as I don't have Mighty Mouse.
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo