Updating to 6.2.3

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Updating to 6.2.3

Postby Janet Hoch » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:02 pm

I run Mac OS 9 Classic and OS X.I've been trying for over a year to update my Appleworks 6.0.2 to 6.2.3/4. I always get the error response: "An unexpected error occurred while installing 'ConvertMgr' - prevents installation (#1008;17,-5). Help!
Janet Hoch

Re: Updating to 6.2.3

Postby Dale » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:04 am

Janet Hoch wrote:I run Mac OS 9 Classic and OS X.I've been trying for over a year to update my Appleworks 6.0.2 to 6.2.3/4. I always get the error response: "An unexpected error occurred while installing 'ConvertMgr' - prevents installation (#1008;17,-5). Help!

The simplest thing to do might be to delete your current AppleWorks installation and then reinstall it, and then update it. This would ensure AW 6.0.2 is correctly installed.

As an aside, do you have a specific reason for using AppleWorks in Classic, and for not updating to 6.2.8/6.2.9. Unless you need to use macros, or have AppleWorks 5 documents that have not been converted to an AppleWorks 6 format, then there's no reason not to update to the latest version. In addition, versions 6.2.3/6.2.4 were extremely buggy.
Dale

Appleworks updates

Postby Janet Hoch » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:10 am

Thanks for your help, Dale. The only reason I run this version is that it came already installed when we purchased our iMac.
Janet Hoch

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo