Appleworks "unexpectedly quit" - no kidding!

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Appleworks "unexpectedly quit" - no kidding!

Postby Janet Hoch » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:07 pm

Appleworks has been quitting for no apparent reason, usually in the Word Processing program. Also, it always quits when I try to run the spellchecking feature or dictionary. The error I receive is always "Appleworks has unexpectedly quit". That's all; no further info or explanation. Any suggestions?
Janet Hoch

Re: Appleworks "unexpectedly quit" - no kidding!

Postby Dale » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:08 am

Janet Hoch wrote:Appleworks has been quitting for no apparent reason, usually in the Word Processing program. Also, it always quits when I try to run the spellchecking feature or dictionary. The error I receive is always "Appleworks has unexpectedly quit". That's all; no further info or explanation. Any suggestions?

Janet

What version of Mac OS and AppleWorks are you using?

From your previous message I note you're using AW 6.0.2. Apple have advised that any version prior to AW 6.2.1 will behave erratically in Mac OS X. If you're using Mac OS X you should update your AW 6.0.2 to avoid problems like crashing, etc.

Dale
Dale

Re: Appleworks "unexpectedly quit" - no kidding!

Postby Dean M. Aschenbrenner » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:20 am

Janet:

Another suggestion....It's possible that the PREFERENCES file has been corrupted. Close AW. Go to your Home Folder - Library - Preferences and find the folder labeled AW.plist Trash it. Restart AW and it will build a new folder. That may solve your problem. I also agree that an upgrade would be a super idea!

Please let me know how you make out.

Blessings, Dean
Dean M. Aschenbrenner

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo