centering data on a label

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

centering data on a label

Postby R. Picklyk » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:57 pm

How can I center data on a label to be used for a name tag ... instead of the data being justified to the left margin?
R. Picklyk

Re: centering data on a label

Postby Barry » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:22 am

R. Picklyk wrote:How can I center data on a label to be used for a name tag ... instead of the data being justified to the left margin?

Open the DB file containing the Labels layout.

With the labels showing, go to the Layout menu and choose Layout.

You'll see the layout for a single lable, which should include a Field frame to hold the names. The frame should be as wide as the label (ie. from the left edge of the window to the vertical grey line marking the right boundary of the label). If it's not, see the instructions below for resizing the frame.

Select this frame and press Command-\ (or go to the Format menu, Choose Alignment, then Center) to center the text horizontally in the frame. To center the text vertically on the label, select the frame, then Click and hold with the mouse on the frame, but NOT on one of the handles, and drag the frame up or down to the position where you want it.

Go Layout > Browse to return to Browse mode to see the results.

Regards,
Barry

Resizing: Use the handles at the corners of the frame to resize it to the full label width (or to the full width of the space in which you want the name to appear on a label).

NOTE: Take care in Layout mode to NOT move the grey horizontal line labelled "Body". This line controls the amount of vertical space taken by a single label on your page.

B
Barry

Postby Gilbert » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:55 am

I work exclusively in 'layout' mode. I skip 'lists' altogether.
This can be used exactly as a paint or draw document including cut & paste, font choice & size. Anything you can do in a draw doc you can do in 'layout'. You can even change resolution and depth in images pasted in.
gil
Gilbert

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo