keyboard shortcuts

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

keyboard shortcuts

Postby kdunk » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:45 pm

I specified two keyboard shortcuts for AppleWorks 6 (using System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse>Keyboard Shortcuts). These do show up in the menu, as expected, but they don't work.

Is this an AppleWorks issue? Will it support Keyboard Shortcuts? If so, any suggestions what might be wrong with my Mac that would cause this not to work? Or where might I start looking...

I'm running AW 6.2.9 and OS X 10.3.9 with the latest updates.

Thanks,

Kendall
kdunk

Re: keyboard shortcuts

Postby Barry » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:52 am

kdunk wrote:I specified two keyboard shortcuts for AppleWorks 6 (using System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse>Keyboard Shortcuts). These do show up in the menu, as expected, but they don't work.

Is this an AppleWorks issue? Will it support Keyboard Shortcuts? If so, any suggestions what might be wrong with my Mac that would cause this not to work? Or where might I start looking...

I'm running AW 6.2.9 and OS X 10.3.9 with the latest updates.

Thanks,

Kendall

I suspect that AppleWorks does not support Keyboard Shortcuts.

Look into the All Applications popup menu, and you'll notice that AppleWorks does not appear in the list.

That's not surprising. AppleWorks 6 was a quick carbonization of the AppleWorks application done so that OS X would not be introduced with no applications that would run under it. Since then, Apple has done a few minor updates to remove (some of) the bugs, but hasn't given strong support to this application.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

help with error

Postby kdunk » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:56 am

After removing AppleWorks from System Preference>Keyboard & Mouse>Keyboard Shortcuts, I am now getting an annoying error any time I try to run a script from the Scripts menu. It reads: "An unexpected error occurred. #18960." Is there anywhere to look for this error code or any suggestions how I might get rid of it, short of uninstalling AppleWorks and reinstalling it? I can do that if necessary, but I consider it a last resort...

Any advice will be appreciated.
kdunk

problem resolved

Postby kdunk » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:06 pm

Yvan Koenig helped me with this in the Apple discussions for AppleWorks. I need to save the script as an app for it to work from the AppleWorks menu. I thought it had, but that was with the help of another program (Keyboard Maestro) to launch the script. With the application script in the AppleWorks script directory, I don't get the error.

Kendall
kdunk

Re: problem resolved

Postby Barry » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:00 am

kdunk wrote:Yvan Koenig helped me with this in the Apple discussions for AppleWorks. I need to save the script as an app for it to work from the AppleWorks menu. I thought it had, but that was with the help of another program (Keyboard Maestro) to launch the script. With the application script in the AppleWorks script directory, I don't get the error.

Kendall

I saw Yvan's reply on the Apple site. Not being a frequent user of AppleScripts with AppleWorks, I'd forgotten this quirk. Thanks for getting back here with a followup.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo