Newsletter format

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Newsletter format

Postby tysmom » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:43 pm

I have been using AW to do a monthly newsletter and I would like to expand the body of the newsletter to use more of the margin space. Does anyone know how to do this? To clarify-- I would like to use as much of the page as possible but it seems that AW will not allow me to make the margins any smaller.
tysmom

Re: Newsletter format

Postby Barry » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:51 am

tysmom wrote:I have been using AW to do a monthly newsletter and I would like to expand the body of the newsletter to use more of the margin space. Does anyone know how to do this? To clarify-- I would like to use as much of the page as possible but it seems that AW will not allow me to make the margins any smaller.

Document margins are set in Format > Document, and AppleWorks will allow you to set all four margins to zero if you want. That's not very practical, though as your printer will not likely be capable of printing all the way to the edges of the paper.

Setting internal margins (space between columns) depends on which document type you're using for your newsletter. In a Draw document, with text contained in Text Frames, select and resize the frames themselves. To better see what you're doing, select all of the frames and set the Pen width to one point. When you have all frames where you want them, select all of them again and set Pen width to 'none'.

In a WP document, columns are set with the controls on the ruler or through Format > Section.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Postby tysmom » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:58 am

Thanks I actually figured it out that I needed to format for the printer I am using. My old printer did not allow you to print from edge to edge but my new one does. As soon as I changed the format under page setup it worked. It only took me 3 months to figure this out.
tysmom

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo