font problems with Apple works 6.2.9

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

font problems with Apple works 6.2.9

Postby Dr. Steve » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:24 pm

I have a 4 year old I mac using apple works 6.2.9 and OA 10.2.8. About a year ago I had to replace the board as I was getting kernel crashes. Since that time I am having problems with the fonts. Sometimes when I pick one font I get another. In the middle of a document the font changes. It "just doesn't follow my instructions" What shall I do, reinstall Appleworks? If so how do you de-install and where do I get the 6.2.9 program etc.? Help would be appreciated. Dr. Steve
Dr. Steve

Re: font problems with Apple works 6.2.9

Postby Barry » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:12 am

Dr. Steve wrote:I have a 4 year old I mac using apple works 6.2.9 and OA 10.2.8. About a year ago I had to replace the board as I was getting kernel crashes. Since that time I am having problems with the fonts. Sometimes when I pick one font I get another. In the middle of a document the font changes. It "just doesn't follow my instructions" What shall I do, reinstall Appleworks? If so how do you de-install and where do I get the 6.2.9 program etc.? Help would be appreciated. Dr. Steve

I would start by trashing the AppleWorks preference file (com.apple.appleworks.plist found in Users/yourname/Library/Preferences).

AppleWorks 6.x.x will be included on one of the disks that came with your iMac. The location (and the names of these disks) changed over the course of time. If you do need to install, and can't find the application on the disks (or any way to install without erasing all your current software/data), check the User supplied Tips at Apple's Discussions site. Dale Gillard recently posted the URL here, so a search on his name will bring it up.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Re: font problems with Apple works 6.2.9

Postby Dale » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:22 am

Dr. Steve wrote:I have a 4 year old I mac using apple works 6.2.9 and OA 10.2.8. About a year ago I had to replace the board as I was getting kernel crashes. Since that time I am having problems with the fonts. Sometimes when I pick one font I get another. In the middle of a document the font changes. It "just doesn't follow my instructions" What shall I do, reinstall Appleworks? If so how do you de-install and where do I get the 6.2.9 program etc.? Help would be appreciated. Dr. Steve

As Barry suggests, try deleting the AppleWorks preference files. That is, the com.apple.appleworks.plist file found in <Users/yourname/Library/Preferences> folder as well as the AppleWorks folder at this location.

The message that Barry noted me posting is here: http://www.awug.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2527. Though I'm not convinced this is the cause of the problem in your case.

If this doesn't clear up the problem then I'd reinstall AppleWorks.

Cheers

Dale
Dale

Font problem

Postby Dr Steve » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:14 pm

thanks for your help, trashing the preferences file did the trick. Dr. Steve
Dr Steve

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo