Can't Open AW 6 Files in Windows

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Can't Open AW 6 Files in Windows

Postby caikenouye » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:52 pm

I have recently had to add a PC to my classroom. I have trouble opening some AppleWorks 6 documents that were created on my iMac. I have AppleWorks 6 on the PC, but when I double-click certain documents, AppleWorks opens, but no document opens. If I go to the File menu and try Open, I get the message "The file was not found." Any ideas what is going wrong? Thanks for your help.
caikenouye

Re: Can't Open AW 6 Files in Windows

Postby haumann » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:14 pm

caikenouye wrote:I have recently had to add a PC to my classroom. I have trouble opening some AppleWorks 6 documents that were created on my iMac. I have AppleWorks 6 on the PC, but when I double-click certain documents, AppleWorks opens, but no document opens. If I go to the File menu and try Open, I get the message "The file was not found." Any ideas what is going wrong? Thanks for your help.

I assume that the files, when residing on the PC, each exhibit the appropriate ".cwk" file name extension?

John@was
haumann

Postby caikenouye » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:55 pm

haumann wrote:
caikenouye wrote:I have recently had to add a PC to my classroom. I have trouble opening some AppleWorks 6 documents that were created on my iMac. I have AppleWorks 6 on the PC, but when I double-click certain documents, AppleWorks opens, but no document opens. If I go to the File menu and try Open, I get the message "The file was not found." Any ideas what is going wrong? Thanks for your help.

I assume that the files, when residing on the PC, each exhibit the appropriate ".cwk" file name extension?

John@was

Yes, they do. I don't see any rhyme or reason as to why some documents open and some don't.
Carla
caikenouye

Postby lokerd » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:52 am

Did you make any progress with your challenge to get AW to work on your PC?

Thanks!
Drew
lokerd

Opening AW6 Files on a PC

Postby caikenouye » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:38 pm

I made sure I did not have any illegal characters in the file names (period was a big problem)and added the .cwk extension. I had better luck then, but did not have 100% success.
Carla
caikenouye

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo