Spanish accents on Appleworks

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Spanish accents on Appleworks

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:24 pm

Hey! I have and Ibook G4 and I cant figure out how to type Spanish Accents on it! I am studying in Spain, and do not have any of my computer guides! I was just wondering if anyone knows how to do this, and could help me! Thanks!

accent

Postby [email protected] » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:01 pm

option plus e, then e again
option plus u then u again
option ~
option u
option n
option i
try them, all give you the different marks
[email protected]

Re: Spanish accents on Appleworks

Postby Barry » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:02 am

Anonymous wrote:Hey! I have and Ibook G4 and I cant figure out how to type Spanish Accents on it! I am studying in Spain, and do not have any of my computer guides! I was just wondering if anyone knows how to do this, and could help me! Thanks!

If you're going to be writing regularly in Spanish, it might be useful to use a Spanish keyboard.

Among the keyboard layouts supplied with OS X are two Spanish versions (with the Roman character set that's useable with AppleWorks). You'll find them in the International pane of System Preferences. Click on the Input menu button in the prefs pane. Check as many keyboard layouts as you're likely to use. If you choose more than one, a small flag will appear in your menu bar to show the layout you're currently using (and can be pulled down to give you a menu of all your checked keyboards. In Spain, you should be able to also buy a keyboard with key caps showing the positions of the letters and acented characters in one of the Spanish keyboard layouts.

Check the Keyboard Viewer as well, and it will be listed in this menu. Keyboard Viewer lets you see every character available from the keyboard, including those that require the shift, option or ctrl key or combinations of those.

Description is of OS X 10.4.x, but earlier versions offer a similar means of easily choosing and switching keyboard layouts.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo