Data doesn't update between 2 Spread Sheets

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Data doesn't update between 2 Spread Sheets

Postby Ray Boston » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:00 am

I have a 20" iMac G5 iSight, 10.4.8, Appleworks 6.2.9

I'm the one who had trouble with data changing in one cell, <A> would change to< @>.

After fixing that problem by copying to a new SS, when I change data in one SS, the other SS doesn't update. The data in the one that should have the linked change looks like it is old data from a previous SS. But all of those are trashed. I don't know how to better describe the problem. Ray :-)
Ray Boston

Re: Data doesn't update between 2 Spread Sheets

Postby Barry » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:07 pm

Ray Boston wrote:I have a 20" iMac G5 iSight, 10.4.8, Appleworks 6.2.9

I'm the one who had trouble with data changing in one cell, <A> would change to< @>.

After fixing that problem by copying to a new SS, when I change data in one SS, the other SS doesn't update. The data in the one that should have the linked change looks like it is old data from a previous SS. But all of those are trashed. I don't know how to better describe the problem. Ray :-)

Shot in the dark, Ray:

Try saving a copy of the 'source' SS with a slightly altered name, then re-enter the formulas in the 'receiving' SS to reflect that change.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Re: Data doesn't update between 2 Spread Sheets

Postby Ray Boston » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:50 pm

Barry wrote:
Ray Boston wrote:I have a 20" iMac G5 iSight, 10.4.8, Appleworks 6.2.9

Shot in the dark, Ray:

Try saving a copy of the 'source' SS with a slightly altered name, then re-enter the formulas in the 'receiving' SS to reflect that change.

Regards,
Barry

It works! Thanks. Ray :-)
Ray Boston

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo