Talking Text

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Talking Text

Postby kdowns » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:44 am

Back in the day of "Claris", there was a feature of the word processing application where you could highlight the text and it would be spoken. There was also a button for this feature. With the evolution of "AppleWorks" has this feature been taken away? I have experimented with the speech feature of AppleWorks 5 and 6 but am unable to find the right mix to make this happen. Can anyone help me out or make some suggestions? Thanks.

Ken
kdowns

Re: Talking Text

Postby haumann » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:53 am

kdowns wrote:Back in the day of "Claris", there was a feature of the word processing application where you could highlight the text and it would be spoken. There was also a button for this feature. With the evolution of "AppleWorks" has this feature been taken away? I have experimented with the speech feature of AppleWorks 5 and 6 but am unable to find the right mix to make this happen. Can anyone help me out or make some suggestions? Thanks.

Ken

Control-click on the button bar and choose "customize button bar" from the contextual menu. Scroll down to the word processing components, open the disclosure triangle and scroll some more. Drag the red lips (“speak text”) button to the button bar.

John@was
haumann

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo