Apple Works Database Printing Problem

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Apple Works Database Printing Problem

Postby sendingaloha » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:56 pm

I have a really large data base created with apple works 6.0.

When I want to print only the "current record" with my hp laserjet 1300, I have to go to copy & print then select apple works then select "current record". I have to do this same thing every time I want to print a "current record" which is quite often.

Is there anyway for me to set up the "current record" to be the default rather than "visible records" when I want to print?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!
sendingaloha

Re: Apple Works Database Printing Problem

Postby Barry » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:19 am

sendingaloha wrote:I have a really large data base created with apple works 6.0.

When I want to print only the "current record" with my hp laserjet 1300, I have to go to copy & print then select apple works then select "current record". I have to do this same thing every time I want to print a "current record" which is quite often.

Is there anyway for me to set up the "current record" to be the default rather than "visible records" when I want to print?

No, but you could select the curent record, then press comand-) to hide the unselected records.
Print, then press shift-command-A to show all records.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Postby sendingaloha » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:19 pm

Barry wrote:
sendingaloha wrote:I have a really large data base created with apple works 6.0.

No, but you could select the curent record, then press comand-) to hide the unselected records.
Print, then press shift-command-A to show all records.

Regards,
Barry

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

Is this a printer "problem"? Would a different printer do the same thing?
sendingaloha

Postby Barry » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:39 pm

sendingaloha wrote:Is this a printer "problem"? Would a different printer do the same thing?

No. Although there have been issues between AppleWorks and HP printers, this isn't one of them. My Epson has the "Current Record" in the same location in the Print dialogue, and I suspect that's true of most if not all printers—the menu location is reserved for options controlled by the application, and the application controls the default value.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Postby sendingaloha » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:15 pm

Barry wrote:
sendingaloha wrote:Is this a printer "problem"? Would a different printer do the same thing?

No. Although there have been issues between AppleWorks and HP printers, this isn't one of them. My Epson has the "Current Record" in the same location in the Print dialogue, and I suspect that's true of most if not all printers—the menu location is reserved for options controlled by the application, and the application controls the default value.

Regards,
Barry

Well shoot...I wish there was a way to change the printing default from "visible records" to "current record".

Thanks again for your help!!
sendingaloha

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo