"Show Field Data" is gone in AW6 Mail Merge

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

"Show Field Data" is gone in AW6 Mail Merge

Postby jhaafke » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:36 pm

It's so hard to believe that searching everywhere for these terms - AppleWorks and "Show Field Data" and "Mail Merge" - yields no one else looking for an answer, a fix or a workaround. When I merge in Appleworks 5, I check the "show field data" box to confirm and preview. In Appleworks 6 this option is GONE! I'm the only one on the planet bothered by this? Please tell me I'm just the only one who can't find the fix.

John
jhaafke

Re: "Show Field Data" is gone in AW6 Mail Merge

Postby Peggy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:12 pm

jhaafke wrote:It's so hard to believe that searching everywhere for these terms - AppleWorks and "Show Field Data" and "Mail Merge" - yields no one else looking for an answer, a fix or a workaround. When I merge in Appleworks 5, I check the "show field data" box to confirm and preview. In Appleworks 6 this option is GONE! I'm the only one on the planet bothered by this? Please tell me I'm just the only one who can't find the fix.

John

I doubt that it's just you. This was discussed (among quite a few other things) when AppleWorks 6 was released 7 years ago.
Peggy

Postby jhaafke » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:29 am

Peggy wrote:
jhaafke wrote:It's so hard to believe that searching everywhere for these terms - AppleWorks and "Show Field Data" and "Mail Merge" - yields no one else looking for an answer, a fix or a workaround. When I merge in Appleworks 5, I check the "show field data" box to confirm and preview. In Appleworks 6 this option is GONE! I'm the only one on the planet bothered by this? Please tell me I'm just the only one who can't find the fix.

John

I doubt that it's just you. This was discussed (among quite a few other things) when AppleWorks 6 was released 7 years ago.

Hope I'm doing this reply correctly. I'm obviously new to this forum.

So it's gone, there's no hidden way to get it back, and no version upgrade in the last 7 years that would have put it back, and no feedback from Appleworks developers saying "That's a mistake, we'll fix it." Is this the state of things?
jhaafke

Postby Barry » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:49 am

jhaafke wrote:
Peggy wrote:

John

So it's gone, there's no hidden way to get it back, and no version upgrade in the last 7 years that would have put it back, and no feedback from Appleworks developers saying "That's a mistake, we'll fix it." Is this the state of things?

That's a more or less accurate description of the status of this feature.

You can Preview using Preview (in the Print dialogue). This creates a PDF of the merged document and opens it in Preview. You can then print from Preview, or close the document and Print from AppleWorks.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Postby jhaafke » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:30 am

Barry wrote:
jhaafke wrote:
Peggy wrote:

John

That's a more or less accurate description of the status of this feature.

You can Preview using Preview (in the Print dialogue). This creates a PDF of the merged document and opens it in Preview. You can then print from Preview, or close the document and Print from AppleWorks.

Regards,
Barry

Thanks for the info.
JH
jhaafke

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo