Help locating CD revision...

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Help locating CD revision...

Postby jiverson » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:21 am

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out what CD would have a copy of AppleWorks 6.0 for Classic on it to install to my systems. I have a box of approx. 300 CDs (most with part numbers) but no reference of what software or installers are on them. If someone can give me a specific label or part number to look for, it would be a Godsend.

Thanks in advance!
jiverson

Re: Help locating CD revision...

Postby Peggy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:14 pm

jiverson wrote:Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out what CD would have a copy of AppleWorks 6.0 for Classic on it to install to my systems. I have a box of approx. 300 CDs (most with part numbers) but no reference of what software or installers are on them. If someone can give me a specific label or part number to look for, it would be a Godsend.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the AWUG forum

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

If you mean what Mac OS disks have AppleWorks, the answer is none. AppleWorks is not & never has been part of any version of the Mac OS. It was bundled with the pre-Intel "consumer" Macs - iMac, iBook, eMac & Mac mini. It is not included on any Intel Mac, consumer or professional. Any of those pre-Intel consumer Macs manufactured after mid-2000 will have AppleWorks on the restore CD/DVDs. After 2004 or so the Classic component was not included.

Apple has written two articles, Knowledge Base article 300316 on installing AppleWorks 6 & Knowledge Base article 61802 on restoring the software that came with your Mac.

Any retail CD of AppleWorks 6 (in a box) will have the Classic component.
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo