Cut & Paste

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Cut & Paste

Postby peggbundi » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:12 am

Appleworks 6.2.9
Mac OSX 10.3.9

When I cut and paste within an appleworks document, I lose my formatting, especially the font formatting.

On the old OS 9, I would try to dump the preferences and see if that helps, but I'm still a little confused as to how to do this on OSX.

Any other suggestions how to correct?

TIA!
peggbundi

Re: Cut & Paste

Postby Barry » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:48 pm

peggbundi wrote:Appleworks 6.2.9
Mac OSX 10.3.9

When I cut and paste within an appleworks document, I lose my formatting, especially the font formatting.

On the old OS 9, I would try to dump the preferences and see if that helps, but I'm still a little confused as to how to do this on OSX.

TIA!

Hi Peg,

This sounds like the famous Helvetica Bug. A search of the forum using "helvetica" will bring up a number of discussions of the topic, including this one in which the issue is described and solutions are offered.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Postby peggbundi » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:28 pm

Barry wrote:
peggbundi wrote:Appleworks 6.2.9
Mac OSX 10.3.9

TIA!

Hi Peg,

This sounds like the famous Helvetica Bug. A search of the forum using "helvetica" will bring up a number of discussions of the topic, including this one in which the issue is described and solutions are offered.

Regards,
Barry

YOU GUYS ARE WONDERFUL, ONCE AGAIN! I have read about the terrible "H-Bug", but didn't realize I had it! I put the "cure" to both a text document and a drawing document...they both work perfectly now!

I printed out the "fix" and will store it with the solution to get rid of the "recent items" problem that crops up from time to time!

Thanks so much!
pegg
peggbundi

Postby Barry » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:52 pm

peggbundi wrote:YOU GUYS ARE WONDERFUL, ONCE AGAIN! I have read about the terrible "H-Bug", but didn't realize I had it! I put the "cure" to both a text document and a drawing document...they both work perfectly now!

I printed out the "fix" and will store it with the solution to get rid of the "recent items" problem that crops up from time to time!

Thanks so much!
pegg

Along with those two, don't forget to print out the 'Trash preferences' fix. Those three are tops on the list for troubleshooting AppleWorks.

Regards,
Barry

PS: For OS X, "Repair permissions" should be in then list as well.
B
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo