TEXT MANIPULATION

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

TEXT MANIPULATION

Postby SOLARROB » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:33 pm

Can AppleWorks produce TEXT that can be CURVED, UP or DOWN, or AROUND an Image ? I am trying to Create an Image, that contains, a JPEG or TIFF, and Text, to surround the picture. But I do not see any TOOL or PULL DOWN Command that does that operation. Note: I generally use only the Word Process functions of AppleWorks, sometimes, Spread Sheets.

I am trying to create a Total Image that can be Flipped Horizontally, and then printed on IRON-ON TRANFER PAPER, to make some REUNION T-SHIRTS.

Thank You.

Dean Robertson
SOLARROB

Re: TEXT MANIPULATION

Postby Barry » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:30 am

SOLARROB wrote:Can AppleWorks produce TEXT that can be CURVED, UP or DOWN, or AROUND an Image ? I am trying to Create an Image, that contains, a JPEG or TIFF, and Text, to surround the picture. But I do not see any TOOL or PULL DOWN Command that does that operation. Note: I generally use only the Word Process functions of AppleWorks, sometimes, Spread Sheets.

I am trying to create a Total Image that can be Flipped Horizontally, and then printed on IRON-ON TRANFER PAPER, to make some REUNION T-SHIRTS.

Hi Dean,

AppleWorks is quite limited in what it can do in terms of manipulating text. The AppleWorks Enhancement Pack from T&B Software includes a Text along Arc script. T&B offers a free download and 14 day trial before you decide to buy or not.

Other things can be done 'by hand' in the Draw environment, but it can get quite fiddly.

Your printer driver may be able to handle the left to right flip, and if that's the case, I'd go that route.

If the printer driver can't handle it, AppleWorks will flip objects horizontally (Arrange menu in the Draw environment), but does have some difficulties with doing this with grouped objects. Text is flippable if you have it in one or more Text frames.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo