Appleworks really lost

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Appleworks really lost

Postby bstevent » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:15 pm

We have a G3 iBook. It came with Appleworks.

When we have the logic board replaced, the computer was returned with new system disks for OSX 10.3.2. Recently, I decided to erase the hard drive and reinstall the system from scratch. I did that and then updated it to the current version of OSX 1O.3.9.

Appleworks doesn't appear to be part of the new system disks. I'm not sure what system came with the computer in 2002. Is there some way to extract just Appleworks from the old system disks? What would they be labelled? Or can I just copy the Appleworks 6 folder from my 2001 iMac and copy it to the iBook?

Bob
bstevent

Re: Appleworks really lost

Postby Barry » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:54 pm

bstevent wrote:We have a G3 iBook. It came with Appleworks.

When we have the logic board replaced, the computer was returned with new system disks for OSX 10.3.2. Recently, I decided to erase the hard drive and reinstall the system from scratch. I did that and then updated it to the current version of OSX 1O.3.9.

Appleworks doesn't appear to be part of the new system disks. I'm not sure what system came with the computer in 2002. Is there some way to extract just Appleworks from the old system disks? What would they be labelled? Or can I just copy the Appleworks 6 folder from my 2001 iMac and copy it to the iBook?

Bob

AppleWorks has never been part of the operating system, so you won't find it on any retail Mac OS package. AW was included in the bundled software set with all consumer Mac models from the Performa series (or earlier) the the last of the Power PC iMacs, eMacs and iBooks. The application will be on the original installation disks supplied with your iBook G3.

These installation disks came in a variety of formats, and the process of exracting and installig the bundled applications differs by format. Apple has a Knowledge Base article that will point you to other articles describing how to extract AW from the various install disks.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo