Appleworks Viewer??

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Appleworks Viewer??

Postby christierader » Wed May 16, 2007 5:55 pm

Is there such thing as an Appleworks viewer much like the MS Word Viewer and Powerpoint Viewer?

I have some teachers that are wanting to post some documents that are in Appleworks.

Yes, I know we can save them as a PDF, but I am trying to avoid that step if possible and just link to a "Viewer app" if possible.
christierader

Re: Appleworks Viewer??

Postby Peggy » Wed May 16, 2007 8:29 pm

christierader wrote:Is there such thing as an Appleworks viewer much like the MS Word Viewer and Powerpoint Viewer?

I have some teachers that are wanting to post some documents that are in Appleworks.

Yes, I know we can save them as a PDF, but I am trying to avoid that step if possible and just link to a "Viewer app" if possible.

You could try icWord & icExcel from Panergy Software. They do only work with AppleWorks 5 or 6 word processing & spreadsheet documents. The last I checked, it was approximately $20 each or $30 for both. You can download fully-functional demos from their web site.
Peggy

Postby christierader » Thu May 17, 2007 8:35 am

Peggy wrote:
christierader wrote:Is there such thing as an Appleworks viewer much like the MS Word Viewer and Powerpoint Viewer?

You could try icWord & icExcel from Panergy Software. They do only work with AppleWorks 5 or 6 word processing & spreadsheet documents. The last I checked, it was approximately $20 each or $30 for both. You can download fully-functional demos from their web site.

Well, I was actually looking for something free. Is there anything like that?
christierader

Postby Peggy » Thu May 17, 2007 10:32 am

christierader wrote:
Peggy wrote:

No. The only programs that will open AppleWorks files are AppleWorks, Pages (AppleWorks 6 only), icWord & Word for Mac for word processing & AppleWorks or icExcel for spreadsheets.
Peggy

Postby christierader » Thu May 17, 2007 11:57 am

Peggy wrote:
christierader wrote:
Peggy wrote:

No. The only programs that will open AppleWorks files are AppleWorks, Pages (AppleWorks 6 only), icWord & Word for Mac for word processing & AppleWorks or icExcel for spreadsheets.

Okay, Thank you
christierader

Postby Barry » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:01 am

christierader wrote:
Peggy wrote:

"Something free" is a pretty good description of Adobe Acrobat Reader and other PDF viewers. While the PDF route does add a single step to the process for the documents' producers (teachers), it does keep things simple for the students. If your teachers are using OS X, producing a PDF document is no more complicated than producing a printed page to hand out.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo