AppleWorks install

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

AppleWorks install

Postby hgschoger » Wed May 23, 2007 6:39 am

I try to install the package that I downloaded, but it says the default location to which it wants to install does not exist. But the message gives me no other information or means of taking an alternative direction to the install process. I don't know what default location it is looking for so I can't even create it, if that is possible. I have a neat bundle of software all dressed up with no place to go.
hgschoger

Re: AppleWorks install

Postby Peggy » Wed May 23, 2007 8:28 am

hgschoger wrote:I try to install the package that I downloaded, but it says the default location to which it wants to install does not exist. But the message gives me no other information or means of taking an alternative direction to the install process. I don't know what default location it is looking for so I can't even create it, if that is possible. I have a neat bundle of software all dressed up with no place to go.

Welcome to AWUG forums

I think you downloaded an AppleWorks updater thinking you downloaded the whole program. That is a common error message with the updater, usually meaning the language of the updater doesn't match the installed version of AppleWorks. Very common with the two English versions - North American or International (UK) English. But it also happens when there is no AppleWorks installed or the application has been moved. If you don't already have AppleWorks 6 you will have to buy it.
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo