AppleWorks-worth buying for iWork users?

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

AppleWorks-worth buying for iWork users?

Postby aafuss » Mon May 28, 2007 11:16 am

Is AppleWorks still worth buying for iWork users?

I think Keynote is better than AW's presentation module-but miss the graphics and painting, database features of AW6.

I'm a long time user of CW/AW-first version I used was v4.0 (also used 5.0/6.0 at school).
aafuss

Re: AppleWorks-worth buying for iWork users?

Postby Barry » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:12 pm

aafuss wrote:Is AppleWorks still worth buying for iWork users?

I think Keynote is better than AW's presentation module-but miss the graphics and painting, database features of AW6.

I'm a long time user of CW/AW-first version I used was v4.0 (also used 5.0/6.0 at school).

It depends what you need. Keynote is certainly more fully featured than AW's presentation mode. If Pages will provide all the word processing and page layout features you need, and you can get along without the database and graphics talents ofAppleWorks and won't be hampered by the minimal set of spreadsheet functions available in Pages's Tables, then iWork will probably suffice.

But if you not only 'miss', but also 'need' the features you mention, then you'll need to get AppleWorks instead (or as well).

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Postby aafuss » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:44 am

Bought AW last week-I use to use to make custom graphics for use in Pages or Keynote.
aafuss

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo