Database problem

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Database problem

Postby fschneiderxx » Tue May 29, 2007 7:41 am

A very simple database with 2 columns has 495 entries. No problem with these. It looks like at 496 I have entered a WP document. This document is in only column A and goes from 496 to 1286.

When I go to item 496, I am unable to delete it. How can I delete the WP document from the data base?
Thanks.
fschneiderxx

Re: Database problem

Postby bhludlow » Tue May 29, 2007 8:42 am

fschneiderxx wrote:A very simple database with 2 columns has 495 entries. No problem with these. It looks like at 496 I have entered a WP document. This document is in only column A and goes from 496 to 1286.

When I go to item 496, I am unable to delete it. How can I delete the WP document from the data base?
Thanks.

The easiest thing to do, since you say this is a simple DB would be to create a new DB with the same fields as the problematic one. Then in the original DB, highlight all records except the one with the WP doc. (select all, then hold the "apple/command" key and click on the WP record to deselect it). Next, simply drag all those highlighted records into your new DB and save it.

You'll have to recreate any layouts.

If you want to try this first: In your original DB, do a "save as" and see if you can then delete the WP record.
bhludlow

Re: Database problem

Postby fschneiderxx » Wed May 30, 2007 12:55 pm

A simple answer to a simple problem. I followed your suggestion, and have a corrected file. Thanks heavens it was not a complicated file. Many thanks for your help!
fschneiderxx

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo