c/p, print ?

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

c/p, print ?

Postby cindahomaker » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:18 pm

Newbie with no clue ... We have appleworks 6 running on an OSX.

My husband has repeatedly encouraged me to try out appleworks. We have text edit as well and that is what I have primarily used for word processing.

Earlier in the year I had created some documents in the DB. I however wasn't aware that I would have a problem with simple c/p. I can't get the function to work at all.

I have also tried with poor results to print these documents. All that is printing is my file titles.

I am sure my problems are out of ignorance can some one enlighten me?

BTW My husband is right I should read up here to get understanding of appleworks. It looks like such a perfect program for a homeschooling mom to make charts and records. Are there any other good sources for learning about this program that I should look into?

Jacinda
cindahomaker

Re: c/p, print ?

Postby Barry » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:15 pm

cindahomaker wrote:Earlier in the year I had created some documents in the DB. I however wasn't aware that I would have a problem with simple c/p. I can't get the function to work at all.

I have also tried with poor results to print these documents. All that is printing is my file titles.

Hi Jacinda,

From the brief description above, it's difficult to see what might be causing these problems. Can you add some description of the steps you take, and what happens when you take them? Since you mention only the database module, I'll assume that is the environment in which you are working.

Copy/Paste:
What are you attempting to Copy (single word,group of words/numbers, entire record, one or more elements of a Layout)?
How do you select what is to be copied?
How do you trigger the Copy function?
Does AppleWorks give any indication (eg. Edit menu flashes) that the Copy has been made?
Similar questions for the Paste part of the process.

Printing:
As for Copy/Paste, go through the whole process describing what you do and what response there is from AppleWorks and/or the Mac and the printer.

BTW My husband is right I should read up here to get understanding of appleworks. It looks like such a perfect program for a homeschooling mom to make charts and records. Are there any other good sources for learning about this program that I should look into?

Jacinda

Two books that have received regular recommendations are Bob LeVitus's AppleWorks for Dummies and Jim Elferdink and David Reynolds's AppleWorks: The Missing Manual. Both should be currently available.

You can also download the AppleWorks 5 manual from Apple. Almost all of the information in that manual can be applied to AppleWorks 6. The two major exceptions are AppleWorks Macros (not supported in OS X) and Publish and Subscribe (not supported in AW 6).

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Postby cindahomaker » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:30 pm

Barry, Thanks for your reply. Sorry I wasn't as specific as I should be.

I will wait to respond fully until I can ask my husband some more questions. I want to make sure I am clear with my next post ;^)

Thank You for your time.

Jacinda
cindahomaker

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo