clipping don't translate

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

clipping don't translate

Postby Thomas C. Fox » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:07 pm

I downloaded some clippings from the AWUG website. I expanded the original download (clip.15.sit) to a folder 'clip.1.15 - Symbols and Screens' but when double clicking any symbol at any size I get the message 'this file could not be converted to an AppleWorks document'. What do I do to make them useable?
Even doubleclicking the 'Read me first' folder just copies that folder.
Thomas C. Fox

Re: clipping don't translate

Postby Peggy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:07 pm

Thomas C. Fox wrote:I downloaded some clippings from the AWUG website. I expanded the original download (clip.15.sit) to a folder 'clip.1.15 - Symbols and Screens' but when double clicking any symbol at any size I get the message 'this file could not be converted to an AppleWorks document'. What do I do to make them useable?
Even doubleclicking the 'Read me first' folder just copies that folder.

Clippings, like Assistants, are made to be opened from within AppleWorks. Copy the folder that resulted after decompressing the .sit file to HD > Applications > AppleWorks 6 > Clippings if you want them available to all users. If you want them to available to one user, put the folder in HD > Users > (user account) > Documents > AppleWorks User Data > Clippings. Restart AppleWorks to make them available in the Clipping panel.
Peggy

reply re clippings

Postby Thomas C. Fox » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:11 am

Peggy, Thanks. however, whether I Copy & Paste or Drag & Drop to the Clippings window the result for Clip 15 is the same -I may junk that one & start over. Clip 14 works fine
AW Helps hasn't been much help
Thomas C. Fox

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo