Does AW have tabbed pages like Excel?

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Does AW have tabbed pages like Excel?

Postby jeffy2be » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:47 am

I don't use AppleWorks but I was wondering if I could use it to replace Microsoft's Excel. In Excel you can create a new page in the same document you are working in. When you do, it creates a new tab at the bottom on the screen. So if you add 5 new blank Excel sheets you actually add 5 new tabs at the bottom on your existing document. So you can click on any of the tabs to go to that page of data.

What I was wondering is, does the latest version of AppleWorks (6.2.9) allow you to have several spreadsheets in the same document?

Thanks.

jeffy
jeffy2be

Re: Does AW have tabbed pages like Excel?

Postby Peggy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:03 am

jeffy2be wrote:I don't use AppleWorks but I was wondering if I could use it to replace Microsoft's Excel. In Excel you can create a new page in the same document you are working in. When you do, it creates a new tab at the bottom on the screen. So if you add 5 new blank Excel sheets you actually add 5 new tabs at the bottom on your existing document. So you can click on any of the tabs to go to that page of data.

What I was wondering is, does the latest version of AppleWorks (6.2.9) allow you to have several spreadsheets in the same document?

Thanks.

jeffy

Welcome to AWUG forums

No, AppleWorks spreadsheets are single page.
Peggy

Postby Debby » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:45 am

Jeffy -

Here is an idea if you want to create a multi-page doc in AW -

If you want several pages of the same document, create a template with all the headings and settings you want. Then save each version or "page" in the same folder. When you open the folder, just select the "page" you want to go to.

Not quite the same, I know, but it works for me. I have a spreadsheet for each year for each of the forms for my small business. I just keep them all in one folder, labeled by year.

Another idea - if you have a very long document, I pull down the divider at the top of the side scroll bar to create a window with all my column headings. And I do the same from the bottom to see my totals. The only part of the document I actually end up moving is the center as I add items. You can use to "Page View" to show where you are on each page and "Insert Footer" -> "Insert page #" to see exactly which page.

Debby
Debby

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo