inserting pdf or TIFF

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

inserting pdf or TIFF

Postby Patrick Draine » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:17 pm

I've been trying to insert an organizational logo into a business card (as well as ad copy) but am frustrated because the logo comes out very fuzzy. I just drag & drop the graphic and then resize it to fit. Big or small files, they print out poorly.
Obviously I'm doing something wrong (or failing to do something).
Advice please?
longtime AW user (basic WP and maintaining my customer DB for the past 22 years)/obviously not a "power user"
Patrick
Patrick Draine

Re: inserting pdf or TIFF

Postby Peggy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:38 pm

Patrick Draine wrote:I've been trying to insert an organizational logo into a business card (as well as ad copy) but am frustrated because the logo comes out very fuzzy. I just drag & drop the graphic and then resize it to fit. Big or small files, they print out poorly.
Obviously I'm doing something wrong (or failing to do something).
Advice please?
longtime AW user (basic WP and maintaining my customer DB for the past 22 years)/obviously not a "power user"
Patrick

AppleWorks changes the resolution of all graphic formats except PICT to 72 dpi. PICT is generally the best format to use for inserting or pasting into AppleWorks. I find the resulting graphic can be resized somewhat & the resulting saved AW file is much smaller than if using JPEG or TIFF. Open the image in Preview or GraphicConverter & Save As... a PICT to use in AppleWorks.

To improve the print quality of images turn on Fractional Character widths in Preferences > General > Topic: Text. This is a text setting, but it does improve the print quality of images.
Peggy

Re: inserting pdf or TIFF

Postby Patrick Draine » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:36 pm

Peggy,
Thanks for the tips regarding PICT format and the Fractional Character settings. I had assumed that the PICT format was just an artifact of much older versions of Apple OS's -- live & learn!
Patrick
Patrick Draine

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo