Text is all Strikethrough

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Text is all Strikethrough

Postby gzabari » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:15 pm

Hi,

I have an issue that may be related to Appleworks or Maclink Deluxe - I can't figure out which. I have a Core Duo iMac and Macbook Pro running the latest updates to Tiger. Whenever I translate a Word document into Appleworks format with Maclink Deluxe (ver. 15), the document opens in Appleworks (ver 6.2.9) with all the text in Strikethrough format. This happens on both computers. Does anybody have some insight into this problem?

Thank you!
gzabari

Re: Text is all Strikethrough

Postby Barry » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:47 am

gzabari wrote:Hi,

I have an issue that may be related to Appleworks or Maclink Deluxe - I can't figure out which. I have a Core Duo iMac and Macbook Pro running the latest updates to Tiger. Whenever I translate a Word document into Appleworks format with Maclink Deluxe (ver. 15), the document opens in Appleworks (ver 6.2.9) with all the text in Strikethrough format. This happens on both computers. Does anybody have some insight into this problem?

It's not something that I've experienced.

My initial thoughts are:

1) It's a character in the headings in Word documents that MacLink Deluxe's translator is interpreting as a typestyle marker (strikethrough).

or

2) There a problem with a corrupted AppleWorks preferences file.

For the first, I'd continue monitoring this site for a while, and if no solution arises, I'd suggest checking for information in the Support section of the DataViz site. A quick search there showed no results, but there may be more in the areas for which you need a product registration number.

For the second, a standard first step whenever AppleWorks is misbehaving is to delete the preferences files. Quit AppleWorks before doing this.

You'll find these in Mac HD > username > Library > Preferences

There are four files to delete. Three of them are in the AppleWorks folder at this location: AppleWorks 6 Assistants Cache, AppleWorks 6 Preferences, and AppleWorks 6 Translators Cache. (The other file in this folder, AppleWorks 6 Button Bars, should be left if you have made any changes to the Button Bars.)

The fourth file to delete is in Preferences, but not in the AppleWorks folder. Find and delete the file com.apple.appleworks.plist

AppleWorks will create new, clean copies of these files as it needs them.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo