Spreadsheet graphing problem

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Spreadsheet graphing problem

Postby Clarence Bauder » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:20 pm

First post from new member. I am making a population chart with X-Y Line Chart. Want X axis to be from years 1250 to 2050 in 200 year steps. X axis contro keeps changing to 1000 to 2200 or 1400 to 2200. I've tried many things but nothing seems to work. Why won't it just do what I ask? How can I fix it?
Clarence Bauder

Re: Spreadsheet graphing problem

Postby haumann » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:03 pm

Clarence Bauder wrote:First post from new member. I am making a population chart with X-Y Line Chart. Want X axis to be from years 1250 to 2050 in 200 year steps. X axis contro keeps changing to 1000 to 2200 or 1400 to 2200. I've tried many things but nothing seems to work. Why won't it just do what I ask? How can I fix it?

The fix is relatively painless if your chart doesn't need to respond to subsequent data changes.

Initially, set up your chart's X-axis with your desired min and max, but with a step size of 50. If the chart options don't hold, stretch your chart horizontally, and try the chart options again. Dress it up the way you'll want the finished chart (with axis labels, title, and legend location/orientation, series color, etc.). Copy the chart to the clipboard. If you intend to display the chart with the source data in the SS, delete the original and paste the copy back in (the copy is no longer linked to the source data).

Now you can ungroup the image, deselect all elements except for the x-axis scale, ungroup once more, and delete the extraneous intervening values.

John@was
haumann

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo