AW & Leopard

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

AW & Leopard

Postby TheSquirt » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:55 am

Anyone have any trouble with AppleWorks after installing Leopard? I don't want to give up AW, so I won't upgrade if Leopard affects appleworks.
TheSquirt

Re: AW & Leopard

Postby Peggy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:23 pm

TheSquirt wrote:Anyone have any trouble with AppleWorks after installing Leopard? I don't want to give up AW, so I won't upgrade if Leopard affects appleworks.

Welcome to the AWUG forums.

AppleWorks is working without problems in Leopard on my G5 tower. It's much faster than it was in Tiger.
Peggy

AW Database & Leopard

Postby davidb » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:16 pm

I, too, welcome reports of AppleWorks compatibility with Leopard. I'm particularly interested in the database. Perhaps it would be helpful for those who report on their experience to say specifically which AW applications they are using in Leopard.

Thank you very much.
davidb

Re: AW Database & Leopard

Postby Barry » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:13 pm

davidb wrote:I, too, welcome reports of AppleWorks compatibility with Leopard. I'm particularly interested in the database. Perhaps it would be helpful for those who report on their experience to say specifically which AW applications they are using in Leopard.

Thank you very much.

HI David,

AppleWorks is a single application with 6 included environments or modules, not a suite of applications in the manner of iWork or MS Office, So far, there have been few, if any reports concerning problems with specific types of AW documents under Leopard.

Warren Williams wrote in the November issue of the AWUG Journal that AWUG would purchase and install Leopard on one machine for the purpose of testing how well specific software works on it. That may already be under way, and will probably lead to an extensive report similar to the one posted on the AWUG home page (link in the group of links at the bottom of this page) done when the intel based Macs were introduced.

Meantime, the basic difference between AppleWorks under Leopard and under Tiger (on a G5 tower) is that it's much faster under Leopard.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Re: AW Database & Leopard

Postby Peggy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:26 am

davidb wrote:I, too, welcome reports of AppleWorks compatibility with Leopard. I'm particularly interested in the database. Perhaps it would be helpful for those who report on their experience to say specifically which AW applications they are using in Leopard.

Thank you very much.

I did test opening, sorting & re-saving a fairly large database. No problems, & it was the one that showed how much faster AppleWorks is in Leopard.
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo