Appleworks In Leonard

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Appleworks In Leonard

Postby Sliphorn » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:49 am

I am anticipating buying a new iMac and it runs Leonard. Will Appleworks install and work properly on it? I have been OK with Tiger on my Intel Mack Book.
Sliphorn

Re: Appleworks In Leonard

Postby Peggy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:01 pm

Sliphorn wrote:I am anticipating buying a new iMac and it runs Leonard. Will Appleworks install and work properly on it? I have been OK with Tiger on my Intel Mack Book.

AppleWorks 6.2.4 or 6.2.9 will run very well in Leopard on any Mac. I find it is faster than in Tiger, again on either a PPC or Intel Mac.

As for installing, you will need to be sure the installer on the AppleWorks CD is OS X-native. Alternatively, burn a copy of the whole AppleWorks 6 folder from Applications on your current Mac to a CD & then copy that folder to Applications on your new Mac. This will also provide you with a backup copy should you ever need it. To keep within the Apple software license, you will need to remove AppleWorks from the old Mac.
Peggy

Re: AppleWorks In Leopard

Postby djkowall » Wed May 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Peggy wrote:
AppleWorks 6.2.4 or 6.2.9 will run very well in Leopard on any Mac. I find it is faster than in Tiger, again on either a PPC or Intel Mac.

As for installing, you will need to be sure the installer on the AppleWorks CD is OS X-native. Alternatively, burn a copy of the whole AppleWorks 6 folder from Applications on your current Mac to a CD & then copy that folder to Applications on your new Mac. This will also provide you with a backup copy should you ever need it. To keep within the Apple software license, you will need to remove AppleWorks from the old Mac.

I have an OS X-native iMac from 9-2002 which is now running 10.4.11
with AW updated to 6.2.9 since 1-2004. Apple did not provide an AW disc, but I'm sure it's on one of the five install discs they did send. Would copying AW from the finder "keep within the Apple software license" as you suggest?
djkowall

Re: AppleWorks In Leopard

Postby Barry » Wed May 07, 2008 10:47 pm

djkowall wrote:
Peggy wrote:

I have an OS X-native iMac from 9-2002 which is now running 10.4.11
with AW updated to 6.2.9 since 1-2004. Apple did not provide an AW disc, but I'm sure it's on one of the five install discs they did send. Would copying AW from the finder "keep within the Apple software license" as you suggest?

Your AppleWorks came as bundled software and with a single user licence. Apple's single user software licence allows one copy of the software to be installed on one computer at any particular time. If you move the software from one computer to another and remove all copies from the first, you should remain within the software licence. If you copy the software from one machine to another, and do not remove it from the first machine, you no longer have a single copy installed on a single machine.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo