Appleworks won't

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Appleworks won't

Postby ken » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:13 pm

Mac OS version 10.4.11. Appleworks just shutdown and won't reopen. Error message: Application Launch Failure Appleworks could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<Appleworks><MW_MSL.PPC.Shib><InterfaceLib><>"

Any idea what that means and how to correct the problem? I don't.

If this is the wrong forum please tell me where to go--politely.

Thanks.
ken

Re: Appleworks won't

Postby Barry » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:30 am

ken wrote:Mac OS version 10.4.11. Appleworks just shutdown and won't reopen. Error message: Application Launch Failure Appleworks could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<Appleworks><MW_MSL.PPC.Shib><InterfaceLib><>"

Any idea what that means and how to correct the problem? I don't.

If this is the wrong forum please tell me where to go--politely.

Thanks.

Hi Ken,

This is the right forum, but it's easier to point you to the answer than to rewrite it here.

Click this link to a post in the User Tips Library at Apple Discussions.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Appleworks won't--still

Postby ken » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:33 am

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the link. I did as instructed and somehow installed two MacOS 9 (Classic) Appleworks 6 icons to my desktop but still it won't open. Can you direct me to a link for re-installing Appleworks 6, if indeed that is the problem? Thanks.

ken
ken

Re: Appleworks won't--still

Postby Barry » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:08 pm

ken wrote:Hi Barry,

Thanks for the link. I did as instructed and somehow installed two MacOS 9 (Classic) Appleworks 6 icons to my desktop but still it won't open. Can you direct me to a link for re-installing Appleworks 6, if indeed that is the problem? Thanks.

ken

Hi Ken,

Depends on the package in which you received AppleWorks. If it was the retail version, use the disk from that package and follow the on-screen directions.

If it was bundled with your computer, AppleWorks will be on the original installation disk(s) that came with the machine. The format of these changed over the years.

Check this post in Apple Discussions by Peggy for links to two Apple Knowledge Base articles on reinstalling bundled software.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... 5&#2348925

Read over the rest of that discussion as well for other information on reinstalls.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo