memory space of my AppleWorks

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

memory space of my AppleWorks

Postby DrewSpangler » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:34 am

I still don’t know how to use this forum.
I am here in desperation.

My user folder has an AppleWorks User Data folder with 15.3 MB of information. Is this causing the program to run slowly? The more time that passes, the slower my AppleWorks responses.
Machine Name: PowerBook G4
Machine Model: PowerBook3,2
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (11.3)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 400 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 100 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.1.8f5

I wish I could find where I posted questions before. If I remember correctly, the last time I did this I put my question in the wrong place. I have tried very hard to not make that mistake again, but I have no way of knowing. I'm trying to do it correctly. I have no other source of information.

Very Distressed Over The Lack Of Info -Drew
DrewSpangler

Re: memory space of my AppleWorks

Postby Peggy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:45 pm

DrewSpangler wrote:I still don’t know how to use this forum.
I am here in desperation.

My user folder has an AppleWorks User Data folder with 15.3 MB of information. Is this causing the program to run slowly? The more time that passes, the slower my AppleWorks responses.
Machine Name: PowerBook G4
Machine Model: PowerBook3,2
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (11.3)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 400 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 100 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.1.8f5

I wish I could find where I posted questions before. If I remember correctly, the last time I did this I put my question in the wrong place. I have tried very hard to not make that mistake again, but I have no way of knowing. I'm trying to do it correctly. I have no other source of information.

Very Distressed Over The Lack Of Info -Drew

This is the correct place for AppleWorks questions.

Slowness is not related to how much space is being taken up on your hard drive & in AppleWorks it's not entirely related to how much RAM (memory) you have. You have run into the most complained about bug in AppleWorks 6 - known as the "Recent Items bug" - & has been around since AppleWorks 6 was released in March, 2000. See this user tip by Dale Gillard on Apple's Discussions site.

I do suggest adding more RAM to your Mac, though. 512 MB is a bare minimum these days & RAM is relatively inexpensive. I always get my RAM from Other World Computing. They have excellent quality RAM (always passes Apple's tests) & it's guaranteed. Click the Memory tab to find the right module for your Mac.
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo