appleworks data base and avery labels

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

appleworks data base and avery labels

Postby merrymay123 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:09 am

I like appleworks and think it superior to any of the other programs that are trying to replace it.
i have a project with a database of about 150 names. I also use a nametag label layout for this database. Two years ago for a different database (names) i created a label layout that i would like to duplicate for this year database (different names)
I cannot remember how it did it ; and am only able to use the avery set up. Is there a way that i can copy the old label layout and put it into the new database. i have tried and not been successful. i have also tried to copy and paste this years database into the old database by deleting the old names and pasting in the new names. that didn't work either. it would accept the first column and then put the succeeding columns starting at the last numbe of the first column instead of going in side by side. Thank you for any help that is possible. and of course, i need this asap. i went in to apple store for a one on one sesson and they couldn't help with apple works and tried microsoft word which isn't working either.
merrymay123

Re: appleworks data base and avery labels

Postby Peggy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:50 am

merrymay123 wrote:I like appleworks and think it superior to any of the other programs that are trying to replace it.
i have a project with a database of about 150 names. I also use a nametag label layout for this database. Two years ago for a different database (names) i created a label layout that i would like to duplicate for this year database (different names)
I cannot remember how it did it ; and am only able to use the avery set up. Is there a way that i can copy the old label layout and put it into the new database. i have tried and not been successful. i have also tried to copy and paste this years database into the old database by deleting the old names and pasting in the new names. that didn't work either. it would accept the first column and then put the succeeding columns starting at the last numbe of the first column instead of going in side by side. Thank you for any help that is possible. and of course, i need this asap. i went in to apple store for a one on one sesson and they couldn't help with apple works and tried microsoft word which isn't working either.

I'm not sure how you're copying & pasting & sometimes it can be tricky. I think the easiest way for you to get the data from one database to another is to drag the icon of the old one to the open window of the receiving one.

PS: I see you also posted this question in the Practice Only forum. That forum is only for that, practice. I'm sure one of the moderators will be along to delete it. To continue with this thread, just click the "Reply with quote" link at the top of the last post & then scroll to the end of the text in the window that appears, press return twice & start typing (after the bracketed word quote).
Peggy

Re: appleworks data base and avery labels

Postby Barry » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:26 pm

Peggy wrote:PS: I see you also posted this question in the Practice Only forum. That forum is only for that, practice. I'm sure one of the moderators will be along to delete it.

Done.
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo