Template Placement

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Template Placement

Postby veropcnet » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:04 am

I downloaded "[Disk: MISC.34] AppleWorks Label Templates" from the AWUG Misc Download section. My question is... Where do I place all these templates? They are in a folder after extraction with names like 5096.cws. I am running AW 6.2.9. I know there is a template folder, but I don't want them scattered all over the place with these weird file names. I hope you understand my question and can help me.
veropcnet

Re: Template Placement

Postby Peggy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:02 pm

veropcnet wrote:I downloaded "[Disk: MISC.34] AppleWorks Label Templates" from the AWUG Misc Download section. My question is... Where do I place all these templates? They are in a folder after extraction with names like 5096.cws. I am running AW 6.2.9. I know there is a template folder, but I don't want them scattered all over the place with these weird file names. I hope you understand my question and can help me.

You can create any number of folders in Applications > AppleWorks 6 > Starting Points & place the templates there. You can change the names in Finder or you can open the templates in AppleWorks & resave them as templates with a new name. Be sure to navigate to your desired folder in the save dialog with the latter method.

Peggy

Thanks

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:19 pm

Ah HAAA...
I was placing the folder in Templates instead of Starting Points. Your screenie explained it PERFECTLY. Thanks!!!

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo