Margin issues

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Margin issues

Postby JPL » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:12 am

I'm using Appleworks version 6.2.9 on a Mac ver. 10.6.4.

I use the program to prepare a newsletter on 8.5 x 14 inch paper. When I change the page setup to legal size, the margins disappear. This is the first time I've used this version of Appleworks on this new version of Mac OS X. I've used Appleworks for years and haven't seen this problem before. Previoiusly, when I switched the page setup from letter to legal, I would get the 1" margin all around the page, but no longer.

When I try to set a 1" margin through Format/Document I get an error message saying the numbers I've entered (1" or 1 in.) are "invalid numbers."

Any ideas how to correct this problem?

JPL
JPL

Re: Margin issues

Postby Peggy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:19 am

This is just another thing in AppleWorks that is broken in OS X 10.6.4. As I said in another reply just yesterday, with each update of OS X, AppleWorks becomes more & more "flakey." Long-time AppleWorks users are left with a couple of choices - continue to use an older OS in order to use AppleWorks or find replacement software.

Finding replacements for all of AppleWorks components is difficult. iWork covers a lot, but not draw, paint or database. Keeping an older OS is not necessarily difficult. You could get or keep an older Mac or keep a copy of an older OS on an external drive & boot into it when needed.
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo